Part-time Major Donor and Events Fundraiser
Hours 3 days per week
Salary £24,000 – £27,500 pro rata (depending on experience)
About Prospect Burma
Prospect Burma is a small UK registered charity currently based in Victoria, that invests in the future of Burma through its young people. Our scholarship programme is open to young men and women from all regions of the country and from all ethnic and religious backgrounds. It allows them access to higher education and training at overseas universities, which will not be available in Burma for many years to come. Burma is emerging from decades of international isolation and stands on the threshold of change. The need for educated young people with the energy, skills and commitment to lead this process has never been greater or more urgent.
Historically, grants and trusts have made up the highest proportion of Prospect Burma’s fundraising income. PB’s current objective is to diversify and grow our income streams. You will contribute to the design and implementation of the fundraising strategy. Key responsibilities include; developing PB’s individual supporter base, recruiting and managing High Net Worth individuals, and working with volunteers to support a stewardship programme. Prospect Burma organizes one major fundraising event each year, alongside a number of smaller events, and you will be responsible for successfully organizing these, with the help of the Prospect Burma team.
We are a small, friendly, team of people that work closely together to ensure that Prospect Burma reaches its goals. We are looking for someone who has a flexible “can-do” attitude, willing to take initiative and lead on projects. You will be skilled at communicating with both individuals and organisations, and have a firm grasp of data analysis and presentation. Some out of office hours work will be required.
Under the leadership of the Executive Director and in coordination with the rest of the team your role will be to:
Prospect Burma Major Donor and Events Fundraiser Job Description
- Manage relationships with existing donors and actively work to recruit new donors and supporters to the organisation;
- Develop and implement a strategy to develop relationships with HNIs and actively work to recruit new HNIs to the organization
- Plan and organize fundraising and publicity events;
- Maintain and update our Salesforce contacts database and deal with day-to-day supporter enquiries;
- Produce regular reports for Trustee Meetings.
- Support Prospect Burma team in maximizing income from other sources such as trusts and foundations, running online campaigns, soliciting funds from Corporates.
Essential Experience and Skills required
- An understanding of individual giving and donor management;
- Experience of planning and organizing successful fundraising events;
- Demonstrable success in building relationships with HNIs that lead to an increase in income;
- Ability to quickly adapt a work plan against changing priorities;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent computing skills, including good database management, Excel, and Word experience;
- Proactive and highly organized, with good time management and planning skills, and attention to detail;
- Ability to manage a diverse range of projects, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
Desirable skills and knowledge
- Knowledge of, and an interest in, Burma;
- Ability to analyse and present data in a user-friendly format;
- Experience with CRM systems, specifically Salesforce;
- Experience of recruiting and managing volunteers.
How to apply – send a cover letter and completed Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of March 4 2017. We will invite successful candidates for interview in March 2017.