Applications are now open for 2017-2018
For the first year we are collecting applications electronically. To apply for a first time scholarship please follow the link below. Please carefully read the guidance notes before you complete your application form.
- Once you have completed the first page of your application form and clicked on “NEXT”, you will see an Application Reference number in the top right hand corner of the form. Please make a note of this number as it will enable you to retrieve your form should you experience internet problems prior to form submission.
- Please ensure you complete each section of the form in as much detail as possible.
- We recommend that you complete your essay questions in a word document and paste the document into the online application form. This will ensure you do not lose your work if there is a power cut or if you are timed out when completing the form.
- We have include help boxes on some questions; to access the hints, hover the mouse above the “?” icon next to each question (do not click).
If you have any questions about completing this form, please contact Hnin Nwe Nwe Aung: Hnin@prospectburma.org +959 455307376 /+959 774750447 / +9512304405. Prospect Burma, 611, Level 6, Suite 624, Hledan Centre, Corner of Pyay Road and Hledan Road, Kamayut Township, Yangon, Myanmar. The deadline for applications is 1 March 2017.
If you have received a Prospect Burma scholarship for your current year of study, and would like to apply for ongoing support please complete and return the form below. Please carefully read the guidance notes before submitting your application.
Who can apply?
Prospect Burma runs an annual scholarships competition for Burmese students wishing to study abroad.
Applying for a Prospect Burma scholarship means joining our group of talented scholars and alumni, and making a commitment to helping us tackle Burma’s challenges head on. Our students and alumni are all passionate about the future development of Burma, and their own part in it. Many of our students have gone on to make large contributions not only to their own communities but to the country as a whole.
To be eligible to apply you must be of Burmese origin and:
- Accepted on and/or enrolled in a first degree course at an accredited college or university in South East Asia, Hong Kong, or – if with proof of another scholarship/fee waiver – at a university in any other country;
- Already studying, or accepted for, a Master’s degree course;
- Already studying, or accepted, for a PhD. Please note that PhD Students will be eligible to receive funding for a maximum of four years.
Why should I apply?
Prospect Burma has a long and proud history of supporting Burmese students in their further studies abroad, with a view of building a brighter democratic future for the Country. Since 1989 we have been supporting students like Suan Khai*, who on completion of her Master’s degree returned to Burma to use her expertise to benefit the country.
Suan Khai told us: “Soon after completing my Masters in Public Health, I went back to my native village and a small community-based organization (CBO) was established where I took the role of Programme Coordinator. Currently our CBO is implementing three main programmes: Non-formal Education Programme for marginalized children (40 children aged 6-10 years), Behavioural Change and Development Programme for school children (100 school children of Grade IV from government primary school of the village) and Youth Development Programme where community youths are being empowered by provision of community development training, leadership training, professional development training and youth reading cycle. A mini-library was also set up in the village and we are now planning to develop a community resource centre at the village.”
*Suan Khai is a pseudonym
How do I apply?
For full guidance and to apply for a Prospect Burma scholarship, please see above. Please read all of the guidance carefully before completing your form. If you are unable to use the online application form, please complete and return the PDF version. We encourage electronic applications, please do not submit a PDF unless you are unable to use the electronic form.