Country Manager – Myanmar
In July 2016 Prospect Burma opened a small office in Yangon, our first in-country presence since our inception in 1989. We are entering an exciting period of growth at Prospect Burma and are seeking a Country Manager with a vision for transforming Myanmar through higher education. The Country Manager will run our office in Myanmar, working with the UK to define, and adhere to, the strategic direction and vision for the organization. S/he will be skilled in developing relationships with a variety of partners, both individuals and organisations, have experience in managing diverse teams and in programme cycle management. The Country Manager will be responsible for generating income from a variety of sources and for representing Prospect Burma throughout the region and for growing the Myanmar team. The position is based in our Yangon office in Myanmar, and the successful candidate must be eligible to live and work in the country.
Essential Experience and Skills required
- An international university education;
- Confidence in speaking and writing English and Myanmar;
- At least 8 years’ experience in a senior management role;
- An ability to see the “big picture” and understand how PB fits into that;
- Demonstrable understanding of financial accountability;
- Good presentation skills in front of a variety of different audiences;
- Experience of proposal writing, monitoring and evaluation and reporting;
- Excellent computing skills, including Excel, Powerpoint, and Word and Cloud-based computing;
- The ability to build lasting relationships with both organisations and individuals;
- Experience of recruiting, managing and training staff members and volunteers;
- Demonstrable track record of growing an organisation;
- Willingness to collaborate actively with UK-based colleagues, so as to develop a successful partnership;
- Proactive and highly organized, with good time management and planning skills, and attention to detail.
How to apply – send a CV, completed application form, and any other related documents to Hannah by October 6th 2019. Please download and carefully read the job description and application form, below, before submitting your application.